Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Padang-Bukit Tinggi Part 1

Well I am going to do this report in few parts.

The idea of this trip had been in my dad's mind since our trip to Medan last year. When Air Asia offered free seats, we took the opportunity to go for it. We paid RM175 for the tax per person. After persuading my dad's friend, his wanna to join the trip with 12 other family members. So I had self appointed myself the group leader heheheheheheh. With the help of Zues, a good friend of mine, he had arranged the ground package of RM495 for adults and RM295 for kids below 12 years old. This includes the transportation, full board food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), accommodation for 4 nights and tourist guides. Cool huh!! And the best thing is, my dad paid all for the family hehehhehehehe...

Our journey starts very early on the 5th June. The whole group checked in on time and the flight was on time. We depart at 7.50 a.m Malaysia time and arrived at Minangkabau International Airport at 8.00 a.m W.I.B. The airport is a small but beautiful airport. Holding it's Minangkabau identity by using the buffalo horns shaped roof. The airport is a new airport replacing the old one, Tabing Airport which had been turned to a military airport.

At the first restaurant

Before we landed, I could not help noticing the beautiful islands along the coast near Padang which later I got to know it is the Mentawaii group of islands. The first thing that pops into my mind... any diving spots down there?? hehehhehehe

We were greeted by Pak Pandi, our tourist guide. After both groups (my group-18pax and there is another group, lead by a good friend of my dad-20pax) had got through the immigration counter we went straight to the bus.

We stopped at a restaurant to freshen up at have something to eat. The early flight made us very hungry anyhow I had my share of Maggie Mee on the flight. Our first stop for the trip was Lembah Anai Waterfall. The waterfall is situated just beside the road and the water was so damn cold. The local people claimed that the water could help us to look younger if we wash our face using it. Well I do think any plastic surgery doctor will to think twice if they wanna open an outlet nearby hehehheheheheh.

Lembah Anai Waterfall

My Family in front of the waterfall. From left - my mom, kamm(the 4th),
kamil (the youngest) and my dad.

After taking few shots there, we started to move again. After nearly an hour, we stopped for lunch. Nasi Padang comes from Padang. The concept of Nasi Padang is it will be served with numerous kind of dishes. It comes in small amount for each dish but for every serving for 6pax they serve nearly 8 different dishes. It is very enjoying to have the opportunity to taste 8 to 10 different dishes per serving. The name of the restaurant is Pak Datuk, Dumai's branch.

Our lunch at Restauran Pak Datuk

Then not far from the restaurant, we had our first taste of shopping in Bukit Tinggi. Bukit Tinggi is well known for it's embroideries and and handicrafts. We stopped at three different shops, selling mostly the same thing but different quality and price. The makcik-makcik really enjoyed the shopping spree. I only buy the things I wanna buy. After the three stops we went to Kampung Pandai Sikek. A small village where the villagers made songket for a living.

I will stop for now... Will post more soon. See you guys... Nite-nite

No comments: