Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another Therapeutical Weekend

I was prepared for the diving trip seven days earlier. My swimming suit, the sun block, fins, mask, snorkel, booties etc were arranged neatly in the bags. I had been reading a lot on the diving sites at Redang, just to make sure what I should expect before I started exploring the dive sites there.

Mamato and I started our journey around 11.40 am where I was worrying sick for us not arriving on time. Luckily the road was clear and we arrived on time. I was so excited and did not eat anything all morning. We took the ferry from Shahbandar Jetty. The jetty at the heart of Kuala Terengganu. Later I found out that the ferry from that jetty will stop at this one side of Redang Island while the ferry from Kuala Merang will stop at the other side.

From the jetty, a boat from Mozana Beach Resort picked us. We were given our room keys and I met Halimi for the first time. Halimi is the one who offered us to joint him and his wife for this dive trip. He owns a dive center in Bangi (oceanelements). We got to know each other through a photography forum.

We decided not to dive that day because it was nearly 5 pm when we arrived. I took out my diving gears to snorkel at the beach in front of my room. After taking my bath, I had few chats with Mamato until dinner. We had a simple dinner but for me, the island atmosphere had made it very appetizing. After dinner, we visited the Redang Kalong Resort and continued chatting with Halimi and Muzie later on.

I woke up quite late that morning, missed the sunrise but in time to join them for breakfast. After breakfast Mamato took his refreshing course. After that, we went for a dive at Terumbu Kili. The current was quite bad and I had this bad experience with current which made me a bit nervous. I had difficult time to descent but as soon as I descended Mamato had few problems so Dive Abort!!.

I had joined another two dives that day, one at Pulau Lima and the other one at Stingray City where we saw the famous one-eyed stingray. I had the chance to watch a nudibranch. But I missed the mating nudibranch because I was 'chasing' a school of fish. Thanks to Kamal for the two dives, who had a rough time taking care of me. That night Halimi downloaded few pics from his D70 and he had posted some at MalaysianUnderWater and his flickr. Beautiful pics!! After chatting with them I decided to take the night off earlier so I could wake up earlier that morning.

I woke up just on time, so this trip I had few sunrise pics. After breakfast, we went for another dive, today at Pulau Kerengga Kecil. Thanks to Macha, I had a great time diving eventhough I was low on air. We took the 1 pm ferry back to KT and arrived Kuantan around 6pm. I was quite tired but enjoyed every moment there.

To tell you the truth, whenever I back rolled to dive , I had this thing in my mind cursing my self how stupid I am doing all this crazy things but after a while, when I started swimming with the fishes then I will smile to myself, forgetting all the curses I made earlier. It is just beautiful down there and frankly I enjoyed diving with other divers who had the same passion. It will be soon enough for my next dive trip... You just wait...

(left) the day light

(middle) sunset

(right) sunrise

(left) the low tide

(middle) the footsteps of a loner

(right) the loner


Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Hi, guantanamera121212

Anonymous said...

не факт