Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Blessing



I had the chance to visit this year Book Fair at PWTC on it's last day. It is a yearly event I tried not to miss. A place full of books is another heaven on earth for me. I could just walk slowly, breathing the smell of the books and enjoyed every second of it. It is so damn peaceful, beyond words when I had the chance to be any place full of books.

This year, I bought two underwater books for kids. It is for my niece and nephews, just to give them an early taste of underwater aka poisoning them very early for them to love the underwater world hehhehehehehehehehe. Another cute baby picture book about occupation for them.

As for me myself, I treated myself with two Jude Deveraux novel, another favorite author of mine, an additional mathematics exercise book, an issue of Pesona Pengantin that I missed and a new version of Kamus Dewan.

Even though I had very limited time to read, I had finished reading The Blessing. As usual, it was a beautiful story, which made me got hooked on it. The story was about a handsome rich man who had fall in love with a woman which his younger brother love. She has a kid from her previous marriage. Her husband was a drug addict and a sober died from a car accident driven by him while he was drunk.

Amy is a different lady, not like other women Jason had dated which mostly wanted him because of his money. A woman with pride who does not want any form of sympathy. Being with her, Jason had felt something different and had fallen for her. On Christmas Eve, Jason told her that he love her and want to marry her.

For Amy, it was like the movie Pretty Woman and she does not like it. She had ran with his son and for quite some time Jason had been searching for her. They met again about 3 years after that with different story. You should read it yourself to know the ending. I would love to put my hands on the second book but I have to finish up my work first. During the school holidays perhaps. Okie dokie... Good night.

No comments: