Thursday, May 31, 2007

Now I Know...

I have few photographer friends who is doing wedding photography and I heard a lot of stories about it. Since I bought my D200, there was no special wedding that I attended so I never get my D200 in full use for any weddings. Last Thursday, Elly, one of my best friend got married. She is the one I mentioned earlier in my blog "my brown lace". I was "hired" to prepared her hantaran, which she had booked three years in advance hehehhehehehehe.

I took my D200 to her house and after finished doing the last touch up for the hantaran, I got in action. She had actually hired another photographer, a part timer staying nearby. When she arrived, she was quite surprised when she saw my D200. She is using a D5o errmmm ;)

Since she is the official photographer, I gave way to her, just sitting behind her, looking at the beautiful candid moments to be captured. I love candid photos rather than a posed one. I had few beautiful shots and at this one particular shot, my picture is better than hers heheheheheh. No offense on her equipment, I am a believer that the equipments are not the main factor for a beautiful pictures. This topic had been debated for few times at few photography forums. As for me, I respected her as she had more experience in wedding photography rather than me. But I totally disagree on her price. It is to expensive. I know people do charge a lot on events like this but the price is not at par to the quality of her pictures (I've seen the engagement pictures taken by the same photographer)

Well, I like to share few shots from the wedding, the rest you can see it at my flickr.

Waiting for the moment.

Saying the prayers

The Moment

So... now i know... It is not that easy to shoot on weddings. I will do it for fun but not if being paid for. Well, if I am being paid, I will have this one commitment to my client which I may disappointed them. But... who knows... one day...

No comments: