Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tokoh Guru (Kepimpinan) Daerah Rompin 2007

Teaching had been the main profession from both side of my family, it is in our blood. My grandfather from my dad's side is a retired head master. A number of my aunties and uncles are teachers and it started to go down to the line of my cousins and my siblings. All three girls in this family are teachers (and teacher to be). I was born in a school, the warden's house to be precise. I was brought up in the education environment, from one school to another and various departments in the Ministry of Education. I had never imagine I will be a teacher, but the two years in the private sector had made me realized the education world is where I belong. I had just celebrated my fifth anniversary in teaching (17.6.2007) and I am still madly in love to it. It made my life living and kicking, which make me wake up in the morning having something to look forward too. It is not an easy job as we face a lot of obstacles, the school politics, the 'raging' students etc (difficult to get any leave for diving trips is my personal problem hehehhehehehe)

Yesterday (Saturday-23.6.2007) my dad was awarded Tokoh Guru (Kepimpinan) Daerah Rompin. So I would like to share the special moments here.

8.00 am... Abah, Emak and I started our journey to Muadzam Shah as the ceremony is held at SMKA Pahang, Muadzam Shah. I was appointed as the official chauffeur and photographer.

8.15 am... Stopped for breakfast at the famous Restaurant Zaman. Huh!!! I am on diet!!!

9.10 am... Started moving again. My dad had spent his own sweet time talking to his friends. When he realized that we were a bit late. So he had asked me to speed up. Hehehhehehehe that is once a blue moon opportunity. I stepped on the pedal and started driving 110 - 140 km/h on the federal road. Abah... If there's any speeding tickets for this you are going to pay.

9.45 am... We arrived on time. The 45-60 minutes drive only took 30 minutes. The VIP for the ceremony arrived minutes later.

10.00 am... The ceremony started with few speeches and the opening ceremony gimmick. We were later being entertained with few song from the choir.Emak and Abah citing their oath

10.45 am... The first round of awards were given to schools around Rompin district.

11.00 am... Cute pre-school students perform their stage performance. We had enjoyed laughing as all the mistakes done looks so cute.Dancing Ulek Mayang

11.30 am... The award for Tokoh Guru (Kepimpinan) and Tokoh Guru. They had played a short clip of pictures as they were reading Abah's profile. Abah's profile was quite long they don't have the time to tell about us... hehehhehehehehehehe
Listening to the profile read by the MC

Receiving the award

12.00 noon... The ceremony ends and we were served lunch.

The same award had been given to my grandfather in 1989. I think the legacy goes on. For a personal note, I would like to wish congratulation to him. All this 31 years living with him, saw how he works, he deserved this award.

To any Stfians reading this post, I met our 'favorite' CNN (Cik Norley Nordin).. she is a Puan Norley Nordin now. She is the GPK 1 at the school hosting this ceremony.
1st from left CNN aka Puan Norley Nordin

No comments: