Monday, July 23, 2007

From Heaven Returning To Earth

It is my second trip to Perhentian in 11 months, the first place where I started my journey to the other world - underwater. I stayed at Teluk Dalam this time, a beach south-east coast on the Pulau Perhentian Besar, a different beach from my previous visit. I haven't tried Pulau Perhentian Kecil yet, next time maybe.

I started my journey at 1.00 am from Kuantan by bus to Kota Baharu. Arrived at Jerteh around 5.45am where earlier I had received a call from Muzie telling me the group had arrived from KL. I took a cab (more like kereta sapu actually) to Kuala Besut Jetty. Met Muzie at the mosque nearby the jetty. Later I met the rest of the group, Radzi and Azmi (OWD students), Marina and Izatul (leisure divers) and Rozana (Izatul friend's - non diver). We waited for Yan, Abang and Ipin who where driving from KL and also Nas (a diver) with her brother - Ghadaffi (non diver) from KB. When everyone were there we started to load up our stuff (which occupy most of the space) on the boat and head up to Pulau Perhentian. 45 minutes later we arrived at Teluk Dalam Beach. Unload our diving gears at East Marine-Arwana Dive Center and head to our chalet, Samudera Chalet which situated beside Arwana Beach Resort.
The view from my room

After changing my clothes, Muzie came to my room to give my new wetsuit, a red Adrenaline wetsuit which fits perfectly on me. We walked to the DC (dive center) for our first dive. At the DC I tried on my new red Gull Mantis Open Heel fins and woohooo it fits perfectly on me. So I have a new red suit - wetsuit and fins. I have another fins actually, a blue one which match with my mask and snorkel. Errmmm new red mask and snorkel next time? Hehehehehehehe Just wait for it.
Teluk Dalam Beach

We were divided in three groups, Yan, Ipin and Abang in the first group - the photographers where they were in a mission to shoot a promo. Muzie, Nas, Izatul, Marina and me in the second group - the leisure divers group. Radzi and Azmi will be in the third group - the OWD students under Halimi. The first group was lead by Tee and my group was lead by Onn.

I did 8 dives this weekend, adding another two extra dives. The dive sites were Sharks Point, Tiga Ruang, D'Lagoon (first day), Terumbu Tiga, Laluan Anak Naga, Tanjung Panglima Abu (second day), Tokong Laut and Sugar Wreck (the additional dives - third day). The dives were superb!! The vis was not that good, but I enjoyed every dives. This is my first time buddy with Muzie and I had a great time. Thanks Muzie..

I won't write a report on each dives, I will just write the summary for it. From all the eight dive sites, I had visited two of it during my OWD dives. D'lagoon and also Terumbu Tiga. I hated Terumbu Tiga because of the current last time and I did not enjoyed my dive at all but this time was different. I had issues due to my new wetsuit, need extra weight for it. Every time my tank reached 50 bars, I will be floating hehehhehehehehehe. I had started to feel comfortable underwater and due to tips given by the sifus, I tried to improve my finning, breathing and also my buoyancy.

I had started to notice small creatures, nudis, a cleaner shrimp and few other things. I saw a turtle and enjoyed chasing it, 3 sharks - 2 of it were nurse shark under a boulder thanks to Muzie. I also saw a lot of puffer fish, a big bumphead, lion fish, batfish, a few times swam with a school of fish. I started to feel comfortable posing underwater but I need to practice on it hehehehehhehe. The trip to Sugar Wreck was my first wreck dive. PADI have a specialty on wreck diving, this is due to the different diving at a wreck. For me, I had to agree on other people's view on wreck diving, the eerie feeling due to the idea of there was once life on the ship. The feeling was magnificent, beyond words. For sure I had fun with Muzie playing around the wreck, like kids on a playground. My personal favorite this time was Tokong Laut, I will be there again.. I am sure..
Pulau Rawa... Our Surface Interval stop (Tokong laut n Sugar Wreck)

The trip was great, the company was even better. Enjoyed every second of it even though it was damn tiring. Ok... I wanna make a confession here... I think I need a underwater camera, I know it will come soon - the passion of diving and photography combined but I never know it will be this soon. Huh... I am in dilemma, anyhow I will take my AOWD first next month then I will be thinking about this again.

I would like to thank East Marine for the great service, I love your boat!! Thanks to the DMs - Tee, Onn and Chin you guys are the best. Thanks to the whole group, Halimi, Muzie, Yan, Abang, Ipin, Chomot (she came a day later), Marina, Izatul, Nas, Rozana, Ghadaffi, Radzi and Azmi. I had a great time with you guys, what happen on the island stays on the island key! To Radzi and Azmi welcome the new world, congratulation on your certification. Hope you will continue diving.
My Pic underwater courtesy from Yan.. thanks babeh..

I had fallen in love again - the love to the underwater world.

No comments: