Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"The Moment"


Still in the diving mood I would like to share something here.

Before every boat dives, the divers will busy loading their gears into the boat, making a lot of noise, talking to each other, laughing or even singing out loud. Either a 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 15 minutes or 30 minutes boat ride there will be one moment of total silence inside the boat. What you could hear will only be the boat engine and the sound of water splashing. What you can see is the divers looking at the horizon, as far as the eyes could see with total silence.

I love this moment, I could be lost in my own thoughts, feeling absolutely free from my own problems where at the moment there is only me and the sea. Total peace. I don't know what is on other divers mind, but everyone seems lost within themselves. At that particular moment, time seems to stop, waiting for us. Letting us lost in our own thoughts, with all the time we need.

I could not wait for my next dive, where I could be at the moment again.

No comments: